Sunday, February 28, 2010

Olympics and Patriotism

The only thing left is the closing ceremony. The Olympics are great to watch, and I'm always a little sad when they're over. This time they started with a tragedy, and my prayers go out to the young man's family. I'm sure he's missed, but I'm also sure he would have enjoyed these Olympics. Our neighbors to the north did a great job of hosting, NBC did OK, and our United States athletes did us proud. Our national anthem was played more than any other, and every time I hear that song, it feels great to be an American. When I hear that song I think about all of our men and women who have, and are still, giving their lives to defend our freedoms. Sport's heroes are many, but the true heroes of our country are those men and women who put it on the line everyday. Talk about sudden death overtime. These folks play that game every day, and I can only imagine the pressure they are under. Our job is to support them in their efforts, and when we have the chance, thank them for serving. I love the USA.

No comments: