Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Don't Hug Me!

A "Don't Hug Me County Fair" opens tonight in Pequot Lakes in the beautiful PLHS auditorium. It's a Community Theatre production that I'm sure will be funny and well acted. They always are. Barb & I are going tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. We're so blessed to have these kind of Theatre productions right in our back yard, so take advantage of it if you can.

Another blessing for movie buffs, is the Sunset Cinema located on Hwy 16 near Jenkins. It's clean, well run, and very comfortable. Barb and I went to see "Public Enemies" yesterday afternoon, and last Tuesday, we saw "The Proposal". I recommend both of them, but I don't think Barb liked "Public Enemies" all that much. Those shoot 'em up kind of movies are my favorites, so throwing in a chick flick every now and then, is ok with me.

As always there is a band in Crosslake's Town Square this Saturday night, so if you like music and free, you should be there. By the way, they're collecting food shelf donations every Saturday, so bring along a non-perishable food item if you can. You could also buy a music series T-Shirt, which helps offset some of the $14,000 it costs to put this music series on each week during the summer. Money is hard to come by these days, so shell out $12 for a T-Shirt so we can keep the music alive next summer!

No comments: